Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Camping in the Mountains

This past weekend we went camping in the Great Smoky Mountains National Park with my parents. We all had a lovely relaxing trip. There was much hiking through the woods, reading in the hammock, playing in the river, bicycling, blowing giant bubbles, music around the campfire, catching fireflies, good food, roasting marshmallows and eating smores, making homemade strawberry ice cream, and talking late into the night under the stars. Family is such a good thing, I enjoy mine so!

Icy cold mountain river! Great fun on a hot summer day!
Blowing Giant Bubbles...
Grandpa teaching Claire to play the harmonica!
You must answer the riddle to pass over the bridge...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a wonderful trip indeed. Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    What a fantastic time away. Such a beautiful place and such heart-warming photos of your family together enjoying one another's company and being in nature. Beautiful blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love camping, it is such a huge part of our lives with our children. The mountains in your area look magical, and it looks like a super fun trip. Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails