Saturday, October 9, 2010

Autumn Leaves Garland

Yesterday Logan and Matthew made a pair of felt leaf garlands to decorate our home for Autumn. To make them I printed out several leaf templates from the internet (*hint* try googling "Autumn leaf coloring pages" for lots of simple outlines to use as templates) We used the templates to trace the leaf shapes onto several colors of felt and cut them out. After the boys had finished cutting out the leaves we simply measured where we wanted the garlands to hang and cut a pieces of ribbon to that length. They sewed on the leaves with a few stiches each. In less than 30 minutes from start to finish we had colorful Autumn Garlands to adorn our home!

Matthew's garland graces our dining room window. Logan's we placed above the bookshelves in our living room.

 Our little house looks much more "fall-y" with a few seasonal touches now!
I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love your garland!
    This season certainly is full with such warmth!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a chance to catch up a little on your life...you are doing a beautiful job with your sweet children! Happy autumn~
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they are just lovely. And I was smiling when I saw your little daughters kisses. cheers Marie

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails