Thursday, April 19, 2012

How Old Is An Elf?


When an Elf is a year and a minute
He can wear a cap with a feather in it.
By the time he is two times two
He has a buckle for either shoe.
At twenty he is fine as a fiddle,
With a little brown belt to go round his middle.
When he's lived for fifty years or so
His coat may have buttons all in a row.
If past three score and ten he's grown
Two pockets he has for his very own.
At eighty-two or three years old
They bulge and jingle with bits of gold.
But when he's a hundred and a day
He gets a little pipe to play! 
-Rachel Field

A little watercolor card I made today to accompany a parcel. On the back I wrote out this little poem. 

3 comments:

  1. Very cute! Great job on the watercolor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the poem. You have inspired me to try out watercolor too. Thanks for all your inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why have I never encountered this poem by Rachel Field? It's a great one!!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you, and I read every comment you leave! It's such a great way to meet new people. Please feel free to leave me a comment so I know you were here! Even if you want to comment on an older post... go ahead! I will still see it!

Related Posts with Thumbnails